PPP Models to Expand Renewable Energy, Electricity Access and Energy Efficiency
Description of project
The general objective of this consultancy was to assess the impacts, benefits, and opportunities of using PPPs models to foster DG based in renewable energy and residential EE projects as a mean to accelerate the transition to efficient, secure, reliable and sustainable energy services for the LAC countries. The specific objectives of this consultancy were:
- To analyze and identify areas of improvement for the legal, regulatory, and institutional, market, fiscal arrangements and risk management barriers and challenges that hinder the use of ppps for renewable DG and residential EE projects in LAC.
- To identify legal and regulatory designs to support the successful deployment of various types of DG and residential EE projects through the presentation lessons learned from at least three case studies.
- To identify suitable financing schemes and potential areas of implementation o ppps to strengthen or create a pipeline of various DG and residential EE projects in the target countries of the technical cooperation.
- To produce clear technical guidelines documents of the recommendations for the target countries that can be replicated to other countries in the region.
- To build institutional capacity in the target countries through training workshops to disseminate and achieve maximum exposure of the results.
- PPP market environment analysis in LAC target countries.
- Lessons learned from case studies of PPPs programs applied to DG and residential EE.
- Technical guide and potential areas of implementation of PPPs for renewable DG and residential EE in LAC.
- Knowledge dissemination and capacity building through training workshops.