Fashionomics Africa Initiative
Description of project
In April 2016, The Bank commissioned a feasibility study that resulted in the establishment of the Fashionomics Africa Platform prototype based on the study’s recommendations. The goal of the Fashionomics Africa platform is to enable African entrepreneurs operating in the Textile, Apparel and Accessories (TA&A) industry to create and grow their businesses, with a focus on women and youth. Responsibilities include oversight of the content management for the platform, database management of stakeholders operating in the value chain, marketing and attraction of traffic to the platform, and ensuring suitability of the design the web platform to key end users in the TA&A industry.
- Managing the prototype Fashionomics website
- Website content management and regular updates
- Promoting the website on social media
- Dealing with interested parties and managing user-generated content
- Providing input to the client on the final website, considering content and user perspective
- Developing a communication strategy, especially for social media marketing
- Hosting and managing the online platform
- Improving the current platform based on user feedback
- Supporting AHGC team in Fashionomics marketing activities
- Designing a web and mobile platform to appeal to TA&A industry users
- Building a suitable web and mobile platform, including e-commerce functionality
- Content management: maintaining and updating stakeholder database, marketing and attracting platform traffic, capacity building and training activities, preparing monthly progress reports
- Hosting and maintaining the online marketing platform.