Design of online platform to disclose PPP projects in Tanzania and training of officials
Description of project
Aninver was hired by the World Bank to develop three online platforms to facilitate the disclosure of PPP project, contract, and program information, aiming to increase transparency and accountability in Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in Tanzania.
The Zanzibar PPP Department, Tanzania's PPP Unit, and Tanzania's PPP Department were confident that transparency and accountability in PPPs were fundamental to fulfilling their development mandate. They also believed that transparency was essential to increasing public awareness about PPPs, promoting public dialogue, and improving governance and accountability while engaging stakeholders. This would enable interested members of the public to have a better understanding and participate in informed discussions about PPPs, ultimately strengthening development outcomes.
- Assess the existing data on PPP, the current technology infrastructure used and its technical adequacy for disclosure of PPP information.
- Create three customized disclosure portals for the Zanzibar PPP Department, Tanzania’s PPP Unit and Tanzania’s PPP Department, using the source codes and documentation that have already been produced for the Governments of Ghana, Kenya, Honduras, Uganda and Nigeria.
- Create a customized user manual using the existing manual.
- Train government counterparts on the use of the portal in country. Training Videos
- Maintain the site and provide technical support during the period of implementation and for a period of six months following completion of work.