Financial and development advisory for Zanzibar hotel project
Description of project
La Madrugada Co. had already operated a 40-room hotel in the island of Zanzibar through a lease contract with the local government. La Madrugada Co. was seeking financing to expand the existing hotel into a 240-room hotel. For that, the company owned the concession rights of an adjacent plot of land.
The owners of the company had hired InfraPPP to search for funding for the execution of the project, which included different strategic options, from selling the company totally or partially to obtaining a pure project finance loan.
• Study of strategic options for financing the project
• Contact and negotiation with potential financial institutions and international investors
• Coordination of all technical and financial documentation for due diligence
• Search for potential partners
• Search for an hotel operator
• Develop a preliminary expansion engineering and design project